It is dangerous to travel through the Nether and the underground in Minecraft. Even the most stalwart adventurers can be taken down by lava and fire lakes and fireball attacks.
The good news is that you can protect yourself from these flaming hazards. The solution comes in a convenient glass bottle.
You will discover how to make fire resistance potions and how to use the ones you have in your inventory for your next expedition into the fiery depths of the Nether.
Minecraft Fire Resistance Potion Instructions
You need a way to brew a potion to protect yourself from fire, just like any good chemist. That means building a brewing stand in Minecraft.
For information on how to make a fire resistance potion in Minecraft, skip ahead to the “How to Make a Brewing Stand” section. Those of you who still need to assemble a brewing stand can start by following these steps:
Brewing Stand Ingredients Needed:
3 cobblestones, 1 Blaze rod
- Launch the crafting interface.
- Place the Blaze rod in the upper middle square.
- In a row directly beneath it, add three cobblestones, one per square
- inch of the base.
Fire Resistance Ingredients Needed:
Fire up the brewing stand with Magma Cream, Nether Wart, a water bottle, and a blaze powder.
- Launch the brewing stand interface.
- Use Blaze powder to light it up.
- Select a glass bottle from one of the three lower boxes.
- In the middle box, place a Nether Wart.
When this mixture is brewed, the water bottle becomes an awkward potion. But wait, there’s more.Place Magma Cream in the upper-middle slot where you placed Nether Wart and brew. It is now time to move the fire resistance potion into your inventory.
How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft
Minecraft’s latest update means new challenges for adventurers. To overcome these challenges, you need a little more than the 1.16 Nether update. There is a lot of fire and lava in the region, so you need a way to protect yourself.
Making a fire resistance potion or two will protect you long enough to explore the Nether and see what it has to offer. The ingredients are not difficult to find.
- Fill a glass bottle with water and put it in the refrigerator.
- Add the glass bottle and the Nether Wart to the brewing stand.
- Pour in the Magma Cream.
- Now you can create your new fire resistance potion.
It is said that when you combine a nether wart with a glass bottle, you will get an Awkward Potion. There is nothing to worry about. This is what is supposed to happen. The next thing you need to do is replace the Nether Wart in the brewing station with Magma Cream. This is the secret ingredient that works to grant you three minutes of fire resistance.
Alternately, you can also get fire resistance potions from witches throughout the world. Or you can barter fire resistance potions for gold ingots in exchange for fire resistance potions.
Minecraft Fire Resistance Potion: How to Make It
Making fire resistance potions didn’t change after the 1.14 Minecraft update. Using the same recipe from the current version, you can brew a potion:
- Add the glass bottle filled with water and the Nether wart to the brew stand.
- You can turn the Awkward Potion into a fire-resistant potion by adding Magma Cream to it after you get it.
How to create a fire resistance potion in Minecraft PE & console versions
The steps for brewing fire-resistance potions are the same across all platforms, including Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE). Follow these steps to brew this powerful potion:
- Put a glass bottle filled with water and a Nether wart in the brew stand.
- Create an awkward potion without status effects.
- The same slot that you used for Nether warts should be used for Magma Cream.
- Create a fire resistance potion and add it to your inventory.
You can use this recipe on all Bedrock Editions of Minecraft. Bedrock Edition refers to the following Minecraft editions:
- Pocket Edition (PE).
- Xbox One.
- Nintendo Switch.
- Windows 10.
The same recipe also applies to the Java Edition and the Education Edition of Minecraft.